Author: Rebecca Raisin
Series: At Cedarwood Lodge #4
Published by: HQ Digital on Dec. 1, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Women's Fiction
Format: eBook, ARC
Source: HQ Digital, NetGalley
Book Rating: 8.5/10
This winter it’s time to fall in love at Cedarwood Lodge…
After years of dreaming, Clio Winters is finally fulfilling her childhood dream of renovating the gorgeous old Cedarwood Lodge in Evergreen and turning it into the perfect destination for celebrations, weddings and extravagant birthday parties. The huge property used to be a bustling holiday camp, now Clio wants to bring it back to its halcyon days – which will be a lot of hard work!
Returning back to the small town of her youth she’s glad to have one of her best friends still around to lean on, Micah who is just as solid as he used to be. But with her own secrets pushing her to run from her glamorous life in New York, she’ll have to tread carefully, especially when the far-too-handsome-for-his-own-good contractor, Kai, shows up on her doorstep…
Sure she’s here in Evergreen to change her life, but there is no way she’s falling in love!
Previously published as three novellas; Celebrations & Confetti, Brides & Bouquets, and Midnight & Mistletoe and now Includes bonus material!
Absorbing, enchanting, and sugary sweet!
In this latest compilation, Winter at Cedarwood Lodge, Raisin sweeps us away to a wintery paradise where the snow is falling, the accommodations are rustic, the food is scrumptious, and love is in the air.
The prose is light, atmospheric, and well turned. The characters are unique, flawed, and multi-layered. And the story is a compelling tale full of tender moments, humorous hijinks, self-discovery, friendship, family, community, happiness, love, a little mystery, and a whole lot of Christmas cheer!
Overall, Winter at Cedarwood Lodge is a charming holiday treat that’s perfect for a chilly afternoon curled up in front of the fire with a steaming mug of hot chocolate!
If you haven’t had a chance to read my review of The Little Antique Shop Under the Eiffel Tower by Rebecca Raisin be sure to check it out here:
This novel is available now.
Pick up a copy from your favourite retailer or from one of the following links.
For more information about the Tour Schedule click Here
And now Rebecca Raisin with:
Twenty things to do this Christmas
When I wrote Winter at Cedarwood Lodge, the whole premise behind the lodge was that it be a place to go where you switch off phones and computers and go back to a simpler way of living where you’re not always contactable 24/7. The idea appeals to me so much, especially around holiday time when you just need to recharge and forgot about work and schedules for a little while.
But what to do if you’re not scrolling through Facebook…?
- Write a letter to a stranger. Make them smile!
- Invite that neighbor over for dinner, the one who waves but always seems to be alone.
- Bake! Lots of cookies, ice them, dust them, eat them!
- Get crafty, upcycle something!
- Start the New Year fresh!
- Plant a herb garden. Big or small, inside or outside!
- Cuddle a cat or dog! Visit your local rescue center and ask about spending some time with those adorable fur babies for an hour or two.
- Move your furniture around. A change is as good as a holiday or so the saying goes…
- Build a snowman, or a sand castle! You are never too old, I don’t care what age you are!
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a long time and arrange a coffee date.
- Make pasta from scratch.
- Write a poem or haiku.
- Paint your nails.
- Make a face mask from natural items in your pantry.
- Put fresh sheets on your bed.
- Read a book you’ve given up on before and see if anything has changed.
- Send a postcard and say wish you were here.
- Jump in a puddle.
- Compliment someone you don’t know.
- Go for a bike ride or a walk.
What else would you add to the list? I hope you have a fabulous festive season and have time to switch off and do something relaxing that you haven’t done for a while.
All the best,
Thank you to Rebecca Raisin for providing me with a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review and for participating on my blog today. It’s an honour!